For the coleslaw
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 25 g mangetout, shredded
- 1/2 yellow pepper, cut into fine strips
- 1/2 red peppers, cut into fine strips
- 3 cm mooli (white radish), peeled and shredded
- 2 tsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- handfuls coriander, chopped
For the marinated salmon
- 1 x 200 g salmon, skin on
- 25 ml sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cm ginger, grated
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 red chillies, seeds removed, finely diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the tangerine vinaigrette
- 1 tangerine, peeled
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp hijiki seaweed, soaked (alternatively nori seaweed can be used)
- 1 tsp snipped chives
1. Place the salmon in a shallow dish.
2. Mix the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, lime zest and juice and chilli together in a bowl. Season with a little pepper, and pour over the salmon. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes or so.
3. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, remove the fish from the marinade and fry for 2 minutes, skin side down. Turn the fish over and remove the pan from the heat, the fish will finish cooking in the residual heat.
4. For the vinaigrette dressing, slice 2 thin slices of tangerine, and squeeze the juice from the rest into a bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and add the seaweed. Stir in the chopped chives.
5. Mix all the ingredients for the slaw together in a bowl and leave to stand for 10 minutes; stir in the chopped coriander.
6. To serve, place 2 slices of tangerine in centre of the plate, top with a heap of slaw and the cooked salmon. Drizzle any extra vinaigrette over the salmon and around the plate; serve.